DBS Information for applicants
The role you have applied for; or are currently working in, requires you to have an enhanced criminal record (DBS) check.
To obtain an enhanced DBS check you will need to:
- Provide personal information and proof of your identity to your recruiting/reports to manager.
- Complete an online criminal record check application form provided by our criminal record check supplier Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council.
Online applications can be completed either with your recruiting/reports to manager present; or without. Your manager will notify you of which method is to be used.
Where your manager is not present, you will be required to register with BMBC in order to complete the online application form. Where this is necessary; you will receive a registration request email from BMBC.
You will need to supply:
- The details of any name changes since your birth and documentary evidence to support the change(s) and the date on which the changes were made.
- A full and continuous address history covering the last 5 years, including dates resided to and from at the address(es).
- Evidence of your national insurance number.
- A personal (non-work) email address.
For full applicant guidance including what identity documents you need to produce please click here.